We're Hiring - Curatorial Assistant
Posted 5th Feb 2019
The Company: The National Pioneer Women’s Hall of Fame (soon to become the Women’s Museum of Australia) is a long-standing women’s museum and tourist attraction, based in the Old Alice Springs Gaol. Showcasing the achievements and lives of all women across Australia, with a focus on women in the Central Australian region, the organisation has grown to become one of three national women’s museums. Located in the Old Alice Springs Goal, which was operational from 1938 to 1996, we are also dedicated to showcasing the stories of life in the Old Gaol. With many exhibitions and an exciting site, we are a must visit venue for visitors and locals alike.
The Position: We’re looking for a casual Curatorial Assistant; for 8 hours a week, or 32 hours a month.
This position provides curatorial support to the organisation by assisting the Curator in maintaining and managing the museum collections and exhibitions, within the financial and strategic guidelines as established by the Board.
· We offer flexible, family friendly working conditions in a small team of dedicated professionals.
· We excel in providing on the job training and support, as well as an engaging workplace full of passionate people, both employees and volunteers.
The ideal candidate has experience and interest in collection management, research and report writing and can work thoroughly, methodically and independently.
Key skills include:
- Confident and effective oral and written communication skills
- Strong computer literacy skills, and knowledge of MS Office
- Research skills, including validating sources and recording research results appropriately
- Ability to work in a team
- Experience or interest in museums, galleries and history
- Knowledge of website management, or the ability to learn
- Good organisational skills
- Attention to detail, able to change tasks easily
Applications close Friday 22 February 2019, close of business.