We're Hiring - Business Manager
Posted 3rd Apr 2019
We are looking for a Business Manager!
The Company: The National Pioneer Women’s Hall of Fame (soon to become the Women’s Museum of Australia) is a long-standing women’s museum and tourist attraction, based in the Old Alice Springs Gaol. Showcasing the achievements and lives of all women across Australia, with a focus on women in the Central Australian region, the organisation has grown to become one of three national women’s museums. Located in the Old Alice Springs Goal, which was operational from 1938 to 1996, we are also dedicated to showcasing the stories of life in the Old Gaol. With many exhibitions and an exciting venue, we are a must visit venue for visitors and locals alike.
The Position: We’re looking for full-time Business Manager.
This position is responsible for the overall operational and administrative management of the museum; including finances, HR, strategic planning, marketing, events, grant writing, and volunteer coordination., reporting directly to the Board.
· We offer a great team environment, with a diverse range of projects as the organisation under-go’s change and growth.
· We excel in providing on the job training and support, as well as an engaging workplace full of passionate people, both employees and volunteers.
The ideal candidate is focused on engagement and growth, results driven, with a proactive approach to the role.
Key skills include:
- Excellent organisational, time management and planning skills, including the ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work under limited direction, initiate activities, set priorities and respond effectively to unforeseen challenges.
- Attention to detail and the capability to efficiently and correctly oversee the financial, HR and compliance requirements of the museum.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to manage all external communication and marketing.
- Demonstrated capacity and experience to think strategically, creatively, and resolve conflict.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills, and the ability to work in collaboration with a small team of staff and volunteers and be able to build relationships with external stakeholders.
- A working knowledge of MS Office, cloud-based accounting systems, or the ability to learn
Applications of a resume and cover letter should be submitted ASAP to firstname.lastname@example.org
08 8952 9006 for a discussion.