We are very pleased to have developed a community events program that reflects our commitment to make our Museum a useful resource to the local community.
- craft-a-noon afternoons with a knitters group, held on the last Sunday of each month, 1.30-4pm;
- our “Stories from the Heart” oral history program, held on the second Sunday of each month, 4-5pm;
- twice-yearly film nights. Our next film night is scheduled for April 2016 — we’ll provide details closer to the time;
- twice-yearly Q & A sessions where local organisations can discuss with gusto topics of importance to women;
- performances from local and visiting artists;
- an Open Day each year for International Women’s Day 8 March which features a guest speaker. This year’s guests include Clare Martin. More details to follow; and
- our annual gala dinner, which will take place this year on Saturday 5th March. More details to follow.
We also participate in regular community initiatives that showcase Alice Springs, such as the National Trust Heritage Week, the ANZAC Day Parade and Volunteering SA-NT Volunteer Week. We also hold our annual Christmas Wrap stall which is an important fundraiser for the National Pioneer Women’s Hall of Fame. This stall is always set-up in the Yeperenye shopping centre from the second week of December until Christmas Eve.